Are you a short film maker in Nigeria? Check this out!!! Culled from Nollywood Week website
Attention all Nigerian shortfilm makers the first and only Nigerian film festival in the Francophone world, NollywoodWeek Paris, is holding a competition to find an up and coming filmmaker to create its festival trailer for the next edition of the festival to be held in June 2015.
NollywoodWeek Paris is a four day film festival that showcases feature films from Nigerian directors and producers, subtitled in French, to an international audience to give these films a broader exposure in this new market. Past guests included Rita Dominic, OC Ukeje and Chris Attoh and notable directors such as Kunle Afolayan, Mahmood AliBagoon and Tunde Kelani.
Now its your turn to be among the pros!
Before March 15, 2015, please submit a storyboalrd or script of your proposed trailer for the festival’s third edition. The winning proposal will be announced and the producer will turn theiry script or storyboard into a 30sec trailer which will be posted to the festival’s website, youtube channel, Facebook page, on French television and shown before each screening during the festival. This is a great opportunity for filmmakers to get noticed by the top directors of Nollywood and the French media industry.
● Trailers must be 30seconds exact, no more, no less
● Trailer must evoke the idea of Nigeria and France coming together
● Trailer should not include any dialogue or if so, very minimal (remember, this is for a French speaking audience so any use of language will be lost if not in French)
● Trailer must contain placeholders for pertinent festival information:
○ Festival dates: 4 au 7 juin 2015
○ Festival location: Cinema l’Arlequin
○ Festival website : http://www.nollywoodweek.com
○ Festival logo
If interested, please submit your proposal to email@example.com before March 15, 2015 along with a link to a previous short film you completed. For the winner, the final trailer should be completed and ready for broadcast (shot in HD and sent via WeTransfer) by April 20, 2015. The winner will receive 500 euros (106,000 Nigerian Naira), video credits, name published in NollywoodWeek Festival Catalogue and special thanks during the Opening Night ceremony.